Monday, May 24, 2010

List the differences between 2d and 3d Art?

I've been trying to list the differences between two-dimensional art work and three-dimensional art work. I've been able to come up with a few examples but I am trying to figure out some other examples.





III. Properties of a two-dimensional object –


a. Flat Surface


b. Painted/Drawn


c. Recreation/Representation of a Real Object





IV. Properties of a three-dimensional object –


a. Takes up Space


b. Has Texture





Any Ideas? thanks

List the differences between 2d and 3d Art?
2-D= a circle drawn on the wall but in 3D a sphere (like a basketball) has volume- it invades your space so to speak





2D art can be measured 2 ways: ht and width but 3D can be also be measured a third way by volume





I have my students envision a hollow chocolate Easter bunny with a hole in it- fill it up with water and then pour the water into a measuring cup- thus measuring its volume-





Both 2D and 3D can represent real objects and both can hold implied texture- I hope this helps... e mail me if you need help. (:
Reply:IV


c. Has a surface


d. casts a shadow


e. has length, width, and depth or weight

long stem roses

No comments:

Post a Comment