Friday, July 31, 2009

¿How to obtain a text list file of a window folder in Windows interface?

I want to produce a text file (.txt) with the list of the content of a given Windows XP folder. I know I can do it in a DOS window, using the command





dir c:\xxx (folder route) xxx %26gt;mylist.txt





but I would rather prefer a Windows interface tool.


Thanks!

¿How to obtain a text list file of a window folder in Windows interface?
create a .bat (batch) file with this in it:





dir /n /o:n /s %26gt; .\Batchlist.txt





Exectute the .bat file from within the folder you want the contents list. The batchlist.txt file will be created in that folder.





BTW. The batch file will work in any folder. The contents of the batch file will NOT need to me modified in order for it to work.





This application may also provide an alternative:





http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html


No comments:

Post a Comment