Friday, July 31, 2009

How can I use an old laptop C drive as a D drive for photos with an off line hard drive box?

I plugged the drive in and it does not come up in the drive list. It is spinning and the drive box shows an activity light. The old drive was Windows XP Professional from a ATA Dell. The new computer has an SATA C drive.

How can I use an old laptop C drive as a D drive for photos with an off line hard drive box?
I'm a little confused by your wording but I think that you want to buy an external enclosure for a laptop hard drive. That should allow you to hook up the old laptop drive and use it as an external drive on whatever computer you want via USB or firewire.





Linked below is a product search of these enclosures. Hope this helps.








P.s. Hooking ths drive up externally through one of these enclosures will be much easier than trying to adapt it for internal use in a standard desktop.

wallflower

No comments:

Post a Comment